With many classes being held virtually and limited density in public spaces, students may need to reserve a space outside of their residence hall or apartment. These spaces can be used for virtual instruction, private appointments, or other needs, such as virtual meetings with University Counseling Service, Student Care and Assistance, or Student Health Services.
Set up a room reservation
- Open the Office 365 Calendar website.
- Choose New Event in your Outlook calendar.
- Add a title for your reservation field. You may also add other people in Invite attendees field.
- Choose a date and time for your room reservation (include both start and end times).
- If you are at the room you want to reserve, enter the room code in "search for room or location."
- To search for other available rooms, see "find a room" below.
- Save your meeting.
- Check your email to for a reservation confirmation.
Find a room on campus
- Browse the list of available rooms here
- To find an available room on campus, follow the "set up a room reservation" instructions above, then:
- In the "Search for a room or location" field, use these tips to search rooms
- The format for available student spaces is STU-PVT-BUILDINGCODE-ROOMNUMBER
- STU- (this will list all student rooms available on campus)
- STU-PVT (this will list all private student rooms available on campus)
- Alternatively, after you have clicked into the "Search for a room or location" field, you can select "Browse with room finder" and search by "STU BuildingCode"
- Click "SEND" once your room has been added.
- You will receive an email stating whether your reservations has been accepted.
- Rooms prefaced with "RES-" are NOT available for usage in this capacity
Room usage guidelines
- Self-clean the space. When you enter the room, please wipe down your space with provided supplies.
- These rooms room are not to be used for study space; use is intended for those who are unable to attend virtual classes in their apartment or residence hall room or who may need a space for private appointments.
- Rooms can be booked for 1.5 hour increments.
- Be respectful of other students’ time. Exit the space promptly when your reservation time is over.
- If someone else is in the space when a student arrives, they should knock 5 minutes before the start time of their reservation to alert the student in the room that someone is waiting.
- Single user rooms are available. If the room code includes “PVT”, it is a private meeting space. If the room code includes “-1”, “-2”, etc, you must reserve all applicable sections/rooms in order to ensure no one else reserves the room.
Your feedback is important to us! Please tell us about your experience.